12/19/2014

Still Here

So yes, I'm still here.  Since I'm in retail management, this is always a tough month for me.  While I've only managed a single game this month, I have managed a few acquisitions for use after the holidays.  I started the month off with my 40th birthday, so I treated myself to a copy of the original Battletech mercenary handbook.  Murl had made some printouts of the Eridani Light Horse pages from it some time back, but it's nice to finally have a full hard copy of the book.
I also finally got my Robotech pre-order right at the end of November and have managed to get half of the mechs put together but have yet to get paint on any of them yet.  I've got 2 Warhammers, 2 Riflemen, and 2 Bowmen assembled with 2 more each of Warhammers and Riflemen to put together and a pair of Archers.
I've also got about another dozen battlemechs and half a dozen aerospace fighters in trades and purchases through a CBT Facebook group.  Once I get them all painted, it will put me about 8 battlemechs and 6 aerospace fighters shy of completing the entire 21st Striker Regiment of the Eridani Light Horse.  This has been a fun project this year and it looks like somewhere around the end of January or maybe into February I should have it completed.  That's what I'm aiming for anyway.

The last of what I've got this month is that my last X-Wing order arrived with a second Rebel Aces set and a YT-2400.  That'll probably be it for me and X-Wing purchases until scum and villainy release, though I'm still needing to flesh out my Empire forces a fair amount.

So that's where I stand for now and once I get past Christmas and onto a more normal work schedule, I'll try and get back onto a more regular posting on the blog once more.  Thanks for reading and I'll see you all later.

2 comments:

  1. You let 40th sneak by and you didn't tell us? HOW COULD YOU?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at work that day. Plus it's just a number so no real big deal.

      Delete