4/06/2016

Bolt Action and BattleTech

So this past Saturday I got a 1000 point game of Bolt Action in against Bob's American Paratroopers.  I took my British Paras with a bit of support.  I had 3 squads of 8 paras with 7 rifles and an LMG each (though the LMGs never fired the entire game as I forgot them and used them as rifles instead), a 2nd Lt (Jack Flag in his battle debut) with a bodyguard, a FAO with bodyguard, a MMG team, a recce jeep with  MMGs, a Bren Carrier with 2 LMGs hauling a flamthrower team, and a Sherman M4A4.
We played scenario 6: Demolition.  I outflanked with my recce jeep, the Bren Carrier with flamethrower team, and the Sherman.  It was a pretty close affair but my three outflankers all on the same flank let me get through to his base at the last turn while his own Sherman (also an M4A4) which was about to get to my own base was taken out by his own air support which finally came in on the 4th attempt and then misidentified it's target.  Jack Flag didn't fair nearly as well as the Cap version for my Americans did.  He was annihilated along with his bodyguard by an airstrike on turn 3 before he accomplished anything beside advancing.
It was an enjoyable game, as games against Bob almost always are, and I'm definitely pleased with the Bren Carrier.  It's got great mobility, decent fire power, and can carry a surprise inside.  I definitely want to add some more of them to my collection in the future.  I'm hoping to get another game in this coming Saturday so we'll see how it goes.
On the BattleTech front, a lot of primed models got their base layer of green today.  I still need to add the gold to them all and then get the wash layer on them.  Then they'll join the long long long list of mechs needing to be based.  The 4 LAMs still need to be painted as well.  I also need to work all these mechs into the Eridani Light Horse force organization chart.  Oddly enough, I'm trying to pick up a few more mechs though more to get some missing options in the pre-3025 universe than actually needing more mechs.  A Vulcan, a Hussar, a Hatchetman, and a Firestarter are on my list but trying to get them via trade on a BattleTech group rather than purchasing them.

That's all for now and I'll see you all next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment