9/05/2017

Getting Organized

So the organization of my hobby storage, projects, and so on continues.  I'm still looking for a long term idea for bits storage, so keep sending me suggestions if you have them.  I'm also trying to get all my projects and such organized as well.  So here's where the state of my hobby and what's on the list to be worked on.  This is going to turn into a long one I think, so let's get going.
Battletech
Eridani Light Horse, 21st Striker Regiment
This is my unit closest to fully completed and should be able to finish it in the next couple weeks assuming I can track down the tank I'm missing.
  1. Need a Rommel/Patton or Von Luckner tank to finish off 1st Arm. Inf. Bat.
  2. Finish painting aerospace fighters
8th Donegal Guard
This one will also be done soon.  I've got all the mechs for the 3rd Battalion and it's just a matter of painting and basing.
  1. Paint and Base 3rd Battalion of Mechs
Caselton Militia
This one isn't too far from being done as well.  Again it's mainly just painting and basing, though painting all those little GHQ apcs and halftracks .
  1. Paint and Base rest of mech infantry platoons and Demolisher Tanks
Ghost Bears
I've got some clan and SLDF era mechs from trades and such that I've organized into a Provisional Garrison Cluster.  Since it's not part of the Alpha Galaxy like the rest of the completed Ghost Bears, they'll need a different paint scheme but still something that goes with them.

  1. Paint and Base PGC unit 
20th Arcturan Guard
I have nothing to do to this unit.  It's two lances and no plans to add or mess with this unit any farther.

Terrain
I've got a few ideas of some pieces I want to do, but no immediate projects as I have to figure out the hows and with whats.


Warhammer 40K
Lions of Harlech
This is hands down my largest project to get done.  There are hundreds of marines plus dreadnoughts and vehicles that need painted.  I really need to get myself motivated to start clearing some off these up.  Out of the entire chapter, I'd say close to 35 to 40% of it is painted so a ton of work here to be done.
  1. Finish 8th Company, missing 6 Assault Squads
  2. Painting and Basing .... SOOOOOOO much painting
Void Lions
This is the successor for my Lions where all the Primaris marines are going.  I've got an Intercessor Box and a Primaris Dreadnought to assemble   I also need to get their background written as well as figure out a paint scheme.  With the Primaris marines from the 8th Edition Starter Box, that'll give me a nice small unit of them that I have no plans on growing.  I just wanted to have a few options of these for use on the table top.
  1. Finish assembling Primaris Marines
  2. Paint and Base the Primaris force
  3. Finish writing fluff for Void Lions
X-Wing
For a while this was played in bulk but seems to have died down for a while.  I still love my ships though and no plans to thin it out any.  I do need to get it all reorganized as it's outgrown my original storage and organization plans.
  1. Get cards and ships organized
  2. Figure out if I need/want to add any ships
Bolt Action
British Airborne
This is pretty far down the priority list due to there being little interest in Bolt Action lately it seems like.  But I do want to get this group done at some point.
  1. Paint and Base entire force
  2. Assemble 2nd Bicycle Squad
  3. Look into adding a few more Bren Carriers
Mordheim
Dwarf Band
With the news that Mordheim might be being re-released by Games Workshop as well as it's occasional resurgence among players around here, I need to look into getting this force finished.
  1. Paint and Base the force 
  2. Finish fluff for the force
Saga
Viking Warband
This group is somewhat partially painted and while it isn't played locally, I think I could talk Bob into giving the rules a try if I get the force finished.
  1. Paint and Base the force
  2. Finish the unit fluff

Space Fleets
This is more of a for fun project than something that will probably every see the table top.  I don't know anyone that plays these.  It includes my BattleTech Aerospace ships as well as generic ships from several systems to use for civilian ships or whatever.  Again no priority on this force at all, but it'll be a fun project to work on at times.

  1. Get all the ships painted
  2. Figure out basing solution

Organization
I still have a lot of work to do here as well, mainly in getting all the bits still floating on sprues to a final home so I can find what I'm looking for or at least have a decent idea where to look.  A pile of partial sprues on my desk, a large tote of partial sprues and about 4 random boxes with looks stuff in them just isn't working for me any more.
  1. Finish sorting hobby source books into boxes
  2. Bits storage solution and implementation

Well, that's pretty much it.  There are a few other small things that aren't on the list due to them being so far down the list of stuff to do that they aren't even on the radar.  These include 10mm stuff, Aeronef, Rogue Star force, and Guild Ball.  That's all for now and thanks for stopping by.  I'll see you all next time and don't forget to send those bits storage ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried to sit down and figure out what all needs to be done all at once, its simply too daunting to want to contemplate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure there are a few items that didn't make the list beyond the ones I mentioned not listing at the end of the post. But since I was getting it all organized anyway, I figured might as well do it.

      Delete