10/01/2017

Void Lions, Donegal Guard, and Dreadtober!!!

So let's start the month of October off with a blog post.  The past month or so of work has been a lot more demanding than it normally is but it hopefully looks like it's starting to calm down a lot more now.  But we'll see, cause as we all know, nothing is less predictable than retail during the holidays.  So let's get started.
 

First up, I think I've finally got a paint scheme for my Void Lion primaris marines.  I wanted a slightly spectral look for a lightning strike commando type force.  Hit hard, fast, and then gone on to the next trouble spot.  Hopefully it comes across that way but still has some color connections to their parent chapter, my Lions of Harlech.
 
 
Next up, I now have 8 lances of mechs for the 3rd Battalion of my Eighth Donegal Guard regiment ready to be based.  1 more lance is ready for highlight colors and the wash layer and 3 lances are just primered. It's nice getting a force close to completed and the end finally is getting into sight on this unit.
Last of all, it's DREADTOBER!!!  As we all know, my favorite unit in Warhammer 40K is the Space Marine Dreadnought in all it's variations, so a holiday for them sounds just about right.  I will be assembling my Primaris Dreadnought this month, but first of all I'm starting with paint on a pair of basic Dreadnoughts of my Lions of Harlech.  They're both Black Reach dreadnoughts and they've been stuck and just primered long enough.  Basecoat is down and next up will be the dark blue highlights and lots and lots and lots of washes with Nuln Oil.  I'm going to set my goal at getting 4 Dreadnoughts painted and the Primaris at least assembled if not one of the ones painted.

So that's all for now but thanks for visiting.  Looking forward to feedback on the Void Lion paint scheme and I'm still looking for storage ideas for bits!  I'll see you all next time and enjoy your Dreadtober festivities!


3 comments:

  1. 4 dreads in one month? That sounds ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, going to go for painting regular dreads, not tackling the big levianthans or anything LOL

      Delete
    2. Hell, for me to finish ONE already started dread inside a month's time sounds ambitious!

      Delete